Change font size   Print view   Arrange Blocks
Navigator
Support US
Recent Visits
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Facebook and Security Clearance

Thinking about joining the Air Force or another branch? Ask our many experts your questions or concerns and enter the USAF with open eyes!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:46 am
Hey guys, just swore in on Tuesday for 3d1x2. I am filling out my application for the top secret security clearance and was wondering if they actually do go and talk to all if these people I am listing? It doesn't matter, I have nothing to hide and they will all have only positive things to say about me, but I'm just curious.
I was also wondering if they will review internet sites and forums like Facebook.
Last edited by rizoss16 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Whore
Post Whore
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:13 am
Do the pictures show you just getting sloppy drunk and having fun? Or getting sloppy drunk and selling secrets to terrorists? If it's the later you have an issue, but the first on is no different than 80% of the current AF as it is.
I'm afraid there is a certain class of race problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public. Booker T Washington
9-Level
9-Level
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:26 am
Yeah, if there's a picture of you, slumped over a table with an envelope labeled "secret" in your hands and a dude with dark glasses, smoking a cigar and wearing a turban is sitting next to you.... delete it

:)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:05 pm
I guess the ANG is a little different than AD. My AFSC requires a top secret clearance and I haven't gotten anything to fill out yet... maybe I get it later or my recruiter forgot. Hmmm...
Post Whore
Post Whore
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:24 pm
shilo449 wrote:Yeah, if there's a picture of you, slumped over a table with an envelope labeled "secret" in your hands and a dude with dark glasses, smoking a cigar and wearing a turban is sitting next to you.... delete it

:)

This may be the first time we've ever agreed on anything.
I'm afraid there is a certain class of race problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public. Booker T Washington
3-Level
3-Level
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:08 pm
ks48 wrote:I guess the ANG is a little different than AD. My AFSC requires a top secret clearance and I haven't gotten anything to fill out yet... maybe I get it later or my recruiter forgot. Hmmm...

Oh, you'll get it. If not in basic or tech school, then your first duty assignment. It'll just make your wait at your first assignment if you start later. Used to be a DD Form 398, but now it's done in eQuip. You're not getting your TS without it.
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:43 pm
It would be in your favor if those pictures nothing illegal was happening.
[quote="Q"]If you are specifically referring to lifeline that is because I have banned all of his other accounts...[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:18 pm
wolfjs70 wrote:
ks48 wrote:I guess the ANG is a little different than AD. My AFSC requires a top secret clearance and I haven't gotten anything to fill out yet... maybe I get it later or my recruiter forgot. Hmmm...

Oh, you'll get it. If not in basic or tech school, then your first duty assignment. It'll just make your wait at your first assignment if you start later. Used to be a DD Form 398, but now it's done in eQuip. You're not getting your TS without it.

Well yeah I knew that much. I'll get the ball rolling with that form and see whats going on

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:48 pm
Ok so they will look at facebook. There's nothing illegal, just a couple drunk college photos...
Last edited by rizoss16 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:38 pm
pillowpants wrote:Or getting sloppy drunk and selling secrets to terrorists?

:blol:

Unless you're Jean-Luc, I think Facebooks TOS says "Blood in, Blood out. The internet is how shall you say...La Cosa Nostra." :P

Maybe this, but I haven't made my way over to Facebook, so I'm not sure. I think I would just leave it. Not good a good look to be omitting stuff. Your choice.

:gl:
~The opinions I state in my posts are mine and mine only. They do not represent those of the USAF, any unit I work for, any educational center I frequent or any technology groups I belong to.~
7-Level
7-Level
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:51 pm
And don't lie about your alcohol use/abuse either.... :gl:
Post Whore
Post Whore
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:59 am
If you posted it at one point they already know. Just look at it like that. There is nothing private about facebook.
[quote="vangvace"]All women are whores...[/quote]

Return to Recruits